Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 3 - A Day at the Beach!

Today was a long day at the beach. I am one that usually loves the heat. It was HOT! WOW! After a short time we all found ourselves under the tent to find some shade. Jakob had a blast, but was very tired by the end of the day.
Our friend Roger has a friend that is a professional surfer. He showed us how to surf today. It is very hard work. I tried it and 3 x's and I was done. Everyone did really well that tried it. Christian is learning how now.
Caleb had a great time in the water playing.

The 3 girls swam and played in the sand.

Jakob didn't really like the ocean much, but he did spend hours playing and eating sand.

On the way back from the beach we went to a waterfall where there was all fresh water. It was cool (I say COLD) but it did feel good after a hot day. We were able to swim in the base of it and get rid of most of the sand.
Here is Jakob after a long "tough" day.
Tomorrow Jakob is going to hang with 2 of his cousins at some friends house. The rest of us are going to go do a ropes course tomorrow. Should make for fun pics, if I can take my camera.
Overall we are doing well. A few wierd bug bites, some sun burn, and eating to much, none of which are causing too much trouble.
Hope you are all enjoying Tulip Time. I see on FaceBook many of you are enjoying the food already. Be sure to save some for us, we will be home on Sat.
Hugs & Kisses
Rick, Mandi & Jakob (Ethan too)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Morning! The only thing we have in common is sunshine. I can't believe that you're saying it's HOT. I don't think I will ever complain about the heat again. Love the beach pictures - it looks like you're in another world - oh yeh, you are! Miss you very much.
Love you all,
XOXO
Heart