Sunday, October 12, 2008

My 1st Emergency Room Trip!

What a beautiful day to be sick! Last night I had a fever but it wasn't too bad. Mom gave me some yummy juice and thought I would feel better. She thought that I had more teeth coming in.
Well she was up with me all night. Daddy woke up so mom could sleep. After about 2 hours we woke mom up and said let's go to the hospital. At 6:00 AM this morning we arrived at the ER. It was not busy at all so we got right in.

The nurses really liked me. They thought I was cute.
The doctor thought I was 2, because I was so big.

When we got there I had a fever of 102.3 and just didn't feel good.
They gave me some medicine and my fever went down. I had to go through several test including a chest x-ray. I cried ALOT. They determined I have RSV, basically bronchitis. So I had a breathing treatment and it made me feel much better. We got home about 9:00 and I slept for along time. I need to have breathing treatments every 4 - 6 hours, but the doctor said I should be better in just a few days.

Please pray that I am feeling better soon and that I can sleep more at night.
Mom could really use the sleep.
All My Love,
Jakob, Mom & Dad

4 comments:

Mindy said...

So sorry to hear that Jakob is sick! What a scary feeling for a parent...I always said I wouldn't be like that, but when my daughter is sick it is the worst feeling in the world. Glad they figured out what it is and that they think he should be better in no time. :)

Jill said...

Oh no! I am so sorry he is sick. You both get some rest!

Unknown said...

I was so happy to see him playing yesterday afternoon. With a lot of love, he'll be fine in no time!
XOXO
Heart

Anonymous said...

Agh! RSV! Poor baby, I hope he's feeling better soon and that the two of you finally get some much needed sleep.
Talk to ya' soon.