Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ethiopian Food

We went to Gojo's in Easttown last night. (Grand Rapids). Aunt Crys, it is out by your house!
We went with Ted & Jill who are traveling with us to Ethiopia. Ted & Jill are picking up 2 daughters Zuri & Josie. The food was really good. Our favorite was the DoroWatt. It is chicken. They do not use silverware. They use Injerra, it is a sourdough type of flatbread. It was hard for me to come to terms with eating with my fingers, but I did it. Mom, I guess you taught me to use my silverware well. The food is spicer than we are used to. It was great to learn about the food before we go.

Gojo Ethiopian Cuisine
gojoethiopiancuisine.com

Looking for a place to go, try it out sometime. It was very neat.

Gojo means Hutt. There are many hutts in Ethiopia.

They don't have mashed potatoes.:-(

Happy Eating!
Rick & Mandi

No comments: