Friday, July 18, 2008

It's About Time...The real reason of not posting lately!

Sorry for the delay in posting. Things have been a bit crazy around here. We hope to be back on track and posting regularly soon.
Here are some recent pictures for you to enjoy.

Jakob likes Popsicles.
He definately needs a bath after eating a popsicle.
He still loves his bath.
We used this bright orange basketball to get Jakob crawling. He was cute posing by it too.

This video was taken when Jakob 1st starting crawling. He is now crawling everywhere. He is pulling himself up on furniture, starting to take stairs and likes to walk holding your hands. He is very active. Here is a fun video of him starting to crawl.
Video to go here. So for some reason blog spot is not letting me post the video here. I will work on it over the weekend and it get it going.
Jakob still has no teeth, but is definately working on them. We spend many hours bonding during the night with Oral Gel. .
Jakob weighs 22 lbs and 12 oz. He is continuing to grow rapidly.
So for the real reason of not posting.....

I have been completely exhausted and feeling very sick. I had a lot of abdomonal pain so I went to the doctor. I told him that I was sick of having cyst and endometrosis. Let's just take it out. They advised me that now was not a good time. I am pregnant. SURPRISE!

I am due in February. Interesting how things work isn't it. God says he will never give us something we can't handle. However I have had many days lately where I have questioned it. We always manage to make it, but I can't help but wonder.

Here is how my Thursday morning went - Jakob had a horrible night. He was up often. Typically I get up at 6:30 and take a shower and he wakes up between 6:45 and 7:30. No problem. Well this morning he was up at 6:15. Screaming none the less. We make friends with the Oralgel and a little tylenol. Finally at 7:00 he stops and starts to dose off. Completely exhausted I dose off. We wake up 1/2 hour later. He is doing better so we proceed to breakfast because at this point I had to have food, I thought I was going to throw up. I put him in the bath hoping to relax him and get him dressed. He was doing well, so I put him on the floor in my room so I could jump in the shower and get ready. He did great. Much to my surprise when I get out of the shower Ginger is throwing up all over the floor. Standing there in just a towel, trying to get Ginger from not walking through the puke, Jakob eyes it and belines right for it splashing his hands in it. Immediately I grab my cell phone in desperation and call Rick at work. He comes home for a few minutes to help bail me out. We finally made it work only a hour & 1/2 late.

Overall I am starting to feel better and am approaching 10 weeks. My energy is starting to come back, but just a day of work and taking care of Jakob wipes me out. I will try harder to post more often.
We have my 30th Birthday party tomorrow night and Sunday we are taking Jakob to the beach. So we should have some fun pictures to post over the weekend.

Check back again soon.
Thanks for your support and continued reading.
All our love,
Rick, Mandi & Jakob

6 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations! Hope you'll start feeling less exhausted soon!!

Jill said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys!

Amy Kleinheksel said...

Wow!!! Congrats we are so thrilled for you! God does work in mysterious ways doesn't he. Please let me know if you need help with anything!! Happy Birthday Girl!

Bruce and Amy

Jessica Perberg said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations! I'm sure Jakob will love being a big brother!:-)

Unknown said...

Sorry - I posted yesterday but it didn't come up - you are so blessed and God is always with you. You are such a cute family. Keep those pictures coming.
XOXO
Heart

Denise Bryant said...

Congrats on baby #2!!! I'm really happy for you. :) Once this spring I was actually changing 2 poopy diapers on 2 different kids while a the same time, the dog pooped on the floor... ugh