Friday, January 16, 2009

3:00 AM and Can't sleep!

Believe it or not I actually slept quite a bit on delivery day, so I am awake very early.

Things are still going well. They took Ethan off from the Cpap machine and he is breathing good. He is not tolerating the bottle feeding yet, but he is getting his nutrition on the IV. We will go see him in a while when Rick wakes up.

Rick is actually getting a full nights rest tonight. 1st night in a week. He is sleeping in the chair right next to me. I really like having him here. In addition the chair is much softer than my bed, so he doesn't mind. I tried to trade, but he thought I should have the bed. He is doing great though.

My mom took Jakob up to see us last night. He wasn't sure what was going on, but was happy to see us. I miss him a bunch, but hopefully will be home with him on Sat. Jakob is having fun at Grandma's though.

I am doing well. Feeling rested and ready for 1 more relaxing day at the hospital today before it is back home and then back and forth to visit with Ethan.

Thanks again everyone for all your prayers and comments. We really enjoy reading them.
I will hopefully get pictures up today. Sorry about the delay.
All our love,
Rick, Mandi, Jakob & Ethan

6 comments:

Rebecca Sutton said...

Congratulations Brower family! I'm so happy to hear everyone is healthy and we will continue to pray for little Ethan as he grows big and strong. You'll be cuddling with both your litle boys before you know it! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Love you, Becky, Jeff & Hannah

Jill said...

Ok, slept during labor...I will need to know how you managed that one!

Wendy said...

Congratulations! We will be keeping your family in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Good Morning Mommy - You woke up early and it didn't have anything to do with me:) Grandma said that I slept really good last night. I just woke up and am ready to play and eat breakfast. I slept from 2:30 until 8:30 without waking up. I'm going to go to Sara's today to play so Grandma can get some cleaning done at our house. I miss you very much and I miss Daddy and Ginger too. I love you and will see you again soon. Please give my little brother Ethan a big hug from me - I love him.

gtgjjgjjjjdkdkdkdkfiiiuhjfmmbklhoieufkjmkfmhgjjfjfkekiekojj\

XOXO
Heart

Mindy said...

Congrats, Mandy! Glad to hear things are going well and that Ethan is good too! Take care...we'll be thinking of you all!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mandi.....Congrats to all of you...Hope everyone continues to do well, and hope to see you back in the neighborhood soon...
Bruce,Amy,Hunter,Brooklyne