Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Play Time!

The past few weeks I have spent many hours playing with my new toys. This is my new inflatable car. It came with plastic balls. I have a lot of fun with it. I can't wait to take it outside in the summer. Mom said I can maybe fill it with water. I love to swim.


We have been spending a lot of time at home lately. Mom's doctor said she had to sit more, so I get to play and watch Baby Einstein alot. I will let her tell you about what her doctor said.
Here's Mom!
Just before Christmas we were sensing some trouble with the movement of the baby. We have been through different tests and my doctor has showed a little concern on the growth of the baby. In short her thoughts are that the baby is not getting enough blood flow, due to my high activity with work, Jakob etc, etc. So I am under strict survellance with a NST test 2x's per week and an ultrasound every week. Since working 1/2 days and having to sit all the time, the tests have been going well. Just before Christmas the baby weighed only 3 lbs 15 oz. So she is hoping to get that here in the next couple weeks. That way if she senses too much stress on the baby she will feel more comfortable about taking it early. A NST is a test that is performed in the doctors office. I just have to be hooked up to a monitor for 1/2 hour. They monitor the baby's movement and heart beat. With the ultrasound they measure different things each time. Last time they measured the fluid around the baby, the blood flow through the cord and the heartbeat. Overall things are coming along and we are doing Ok. The tests have come back good, so we are just taking it one day at a time right now.
We will keep you posted.
Back to playing.
All our love,
Jakob, Mandi & Rick




3 comments:

Mindy said...

Thinking of you as this new little baby should be arriving soon. Take care of yourself...you busy lady! :)

Unknown said...

I love the car - how cute is that. It's looks like He's having a great time with it. Is that daddy by the side also having fun? I love the big smile on the last picture. Can't wait to see him again - won't be long!
Love you all,
XOXO
Heart

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you. Smooches.