Thursday, January 15, 2009

WELCOME ETHAN THOMAS BROWER!

Good news today.
January 15, 2009 At 12:15 Ethan Thomas was born. He is 5 lbs 5 ozs. He weighed a bit more than what they expected, so that is really good. He is 18 inches long. He did really well during labor. Mom did alright too.

Ethan is under close care right now. He is doing fine. He has a Cpap on to help his lungs push the air in and out. He is also on IV for nurtrition. He will probably be here for a while. The cord was wrapped around his neck once and the doctor took care of that quick. My doctor didn't get to deliver today as she was home sick with her kids. Dr. Kraus delivered and was great.

Hopefully I will be able to get home on Saturday, but we will be back often hoping to hold Ethan and help him grow.

I only held him for about 20 seconds today and then they hooked him up, so not much bonding yet. I don't have my camera cord here, so hopefully I will get that tomorrow. Then I will get some pictures posted.

Thank you so much for all the prayers and thoughts, we really appreciate all the support we had.

All our love,
Rick, Mandi, Jakob, & Ethan

6 comments:

Kaily Genzink said...

Congrats Mandi, Rick, and Jakob!!!
Can't wait to see pictures of Ethan!!! We will be praying for Ethan!! Glad to hear you are doing well!!

Charity said...

Congratulations Browers! Sounds like Ethan has a good weight despite being born a bit early! I hope that you will be able to hold Ethan again soon - but whenever you are able to, the bonding will happen! I wasn't able to hold my girls for more than 20 min at a time after they were born (at 32 wks) and bonding happened just through the talking and small touches! I'll keep you in my prayers and look forward to hearing about Ethan's progress!
Charity (Vannette)

kikstra said...

Congrats! So glad he turned out to be quite a bit bigger than expected! We'll pray that things continue to go well and he can come home soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I'm so excited for you guys... we'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
I can't wait to see him!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Rick and Mandi!!! Praise God that things are better than the doctors anticipated. I will keep your whole family in my prayers.
Cara (Geerlings)Van Dam

Karen said...

Congratulations on the little one!