Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cottage Weekend Day #1

Day 1 of our cottage weekend has been a blast. We had a birthday party for my uncle Ryan today. Well we all put the docks, lifts & boats in the water and then grilled out with cake. Sounds like a party, doesn't it? We are almost all ready for summer. Just a few more things to finish on Monday. I was able to spend some time with 2 of my great grandmas today.
Today was nice and sunny, but definately a chill in the air. My mom worked this morning, so I spent some time with my dad. We really had fun. I love him. I even took a 2 1/2 hour nap for him. I never do that for mom.
I don't have my highchair here, but my new chair will definately do. When I bang on the tray it makes just as much noise. The food taste the same, I still don't like peas.
I rode my new toy tonight. Well I held on while mom pushed me around. I am not quite big enough yet, but it made for fun pictures.
I am sitting up very well and love playing with all my new toys. I am learning how to drive with my car toy. Dad says if I keep practicing I can drive the truck soon. He also says I drive like mom. I don't think that is a compliment.
Here is bath time at the cottage. We are conservative with our water here, since our plumbing is a holding tank. The lake water is too cold for a bath, so this is the next best thing. I had fun just like in the sink, the whole dining area was full of water. 4 bath towels later and we had it dried up. I have been here just over 24 hours and had 2 baths. The second was outside due to poop everywhere. It was a good one.
Playing outside is so fun. It is so nice I can sit up and play with more toys.
My mom really likes that part. My Ginger was not to happy today. She tried to follow mom and I out on the dock and fell in the water. She was a little cold, but is doing fine.
I can roll over every direction now. I can even get from sitting up to laying on my stomach. I am starting to really get around. Should be crawling soon.
Another busy day today, so off to bed.
Lots of Love,
Jakob, Mom & Dad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute - it's so fun to see him outside and enjoying the cottage. Just wait until he's big enough to start helping with all the work. For now he can just sit back, relax and take it all in.
XOXO
Heart

Rebecca Sutton said...

Yay! It's cottage season! I can't wait to see the pictures of Jakob skiing! Oh wait, he should probably start with knee boarding... maybe when we visit he and Hannah can go double. Have fun!

Love,
Bec

P.S. Around again!